While the little nihilist in me believes resolutions are meaningless manifestos, the optimist in me drowns him out with the tune of Calvin Harris ft Rihanna – We Found Love. I hope these resolutions resonate with a few of you out there in the field. This is for you, my worry warriors. We made it through another year! May we all enter 2017 with heaps of bravery and self-compassion by the barrel.
In 2017, I would like to:
• Surrender more to contamination
• Embrace more uncertainty
• Be kinder to myself on rough days.
• Reach out for support more, resist reaching out to commiserate.
• Be more receptive to interoceptives.
• Be more courageous in attempts to creating a dialogue about mental health.
Here’s to us.